View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default Shipping and handling

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

it's not CLEARLY stated in the description OR if people won't work with you if you win multiple auctions. If it states $6.00, I have to factor that into my purchasing decision. On anything about $30-$40 I'm buying insurance. So....the person could have used UPS and saved about $2-$3.00 for a ground shipment (plug). Regardless, if it's clearly stated, along with how much insurance is and it's extra, it's hard to argue after the auction end. If you don't like it, and I've found MANY that I don't like, contact the person first. Sometimes, they've just been burned so many times, they do add money in. Other times, they just look at what the highest amount to anywhere would be and set a flat rate. I charge $2.00 for a single card up to 4-5 cards--as long as value isn't that high. Toploaders, padded envelopes, professionally printed labels. Probably do pocket 50 or 75 cents but that's just the price of admission I guess. I'm not driving a Bentley off of it or anything. $6.00 seems pretty high unless they mandate that you use Priority Mail. That's a problem that I have for a single card someone mandating Priority or even UPS. For a $6-$10 card, $6.00 is a little steep. What was the value of your card?