View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Jack Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffer2 View Post
One particular card that I need is the 1924 Diaz Cigarettes Ted Lyons, which is extremely rare. How does one go about locating a card like this? Obviously, I have followed the eBay search and will occasionally Google it. Am I missing something obvious here? Do I need to ask card shops and dealers? Or do I just simply wait until one surfaces?
Lyons is one of the easier Hall of Famers to get as there are a few of him floating around (Pop report isn't complete on this one, I know there are at least 3 and probably 4) Pop report of 3 doesn't sound good but on a Diaz, that's pretty high.

With Diaz it's just keep checking auctions and ebay till they show. There was a massive dump a couple of years ago that put quite a few cards into the population, before that we weren't even sure if a 2nd complete set could exist. (There's a mysterious complete set that sold in '96 through Christies I've never gotten any additional info on)

Good luck finding one, Lyons is hard and expensive but he's not as rare as Ruffing

Welcome to the board