View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM
ThreadKiller

Default Combining Two (2) Watercooler/Sports talk threads...

"Most Overrated Stats" and "Clayton Kershaw":

w/o factoring in K's, IP, ERA and other certainly pertinent stats re: individual greatness, in the past five years*

W-L record - Greinke: 77-24

W-L record - Kershaw: 78-30

* = of course all of these individual stats matter to many, including myself - IMO a healthy Kershaw is currently the crown jewel of the NL (MLB, perhaps)

NOT saying Greinke is the superior overall pitcher, they're both beyond solid, and made a great 1-2 (perhaps interchangeable - in a Koufax/Drysdale context - for a 3 year period in W-L speak, 51-15-vs 53-19, when they were teammates w/the Dodgers)...but...are individual W/L - according to some - REALLY the most overrated stat from a "team standings/success/value" standpoint?

agree/disagree? - either one works!...not trying to start a long-winded (metric) statistical sh!tstorm by offering two comparison/contrast points re: these two particular active threads; while (intentionally) disregarding other pitchers' individual stats by presenting just these two's status as "best" pitchers, W-L wise, there's arguably a correlation of each individual's true value to their individual team's success.

disclaimer: I'm a baseball fan, and not even close to considering myself a Dodger fan.

JMO

DS