View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the reply all.

She is 7 and has taken a keen interest in baseball since about the age of 5. Her favorite player? Jung Ho Kang. He became her favorite when we took her to the '15 Wild Card game (as us in Pittsburgh call it, "The Arrieta Game."). He was still wheelchair bound for introductions and I think that is what cemented him as her favorite player.

She thinks all of my old Pirates photos (I collect 19th Century through pre-Clemente era Pirates photograph) are "cool" and she has taken a liking to Roberto Clemente since there was a play about him put on at her school by one of the theaters in town. I told her the Tom Walker story about the fateful night and, much to my surprise, she told it at school correctly. I have began to buy Clemente cards for her.

I was going through some of my random stuff I packed away in preparation for our move to our new home later on this year and stumbled upon a Clemente rookie I forgot I held on to.

Yes, she likes her Shopkins. Goodness does she like her Shopkins. And her American Girl dolls. The damage I did in the store in Columbus could've got me a nice little bounty of vintage cards to put away for her, but I digress...