View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:27 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Is low grade unaltered the new king ?

For me, the “new king” will just be the original king - and that surrounds the fact that I like baseball and baseball history first and foremost, and other things are secondary. In comparison to many here, I have a fairly modest collection that is made up of big names in mid-grade from the postwar era, and relatively scant items prewar. But I too at times have gotten suckered into the grading minutiae, spending a lot of time deliberating whether this card for sale in a PSA 6 was really nicer than another one in a PSA 5, etc. etc. The details of the hobby for me at times have taken over for my pure love of the game and appreciation for the history and that sense of nostalgia. So if this all plays out badly, it will be a good wake-up call for me at least to think in those terms. At the end of the day, if this situation gets worse before getting better I can live with the idea of appreciating old cards for their authenticity first and foremost - even if it comes out that a much larger percentage than were know before were truly altered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-05-2019 at 08:29 AM.