View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Default Speaking of T206's - Cobby green from Marshall

Posted By: tbob

Leon- I'll tell you exactly how the Matty was graded by GAI since you are wondering and think this is such a giant state secret: The card had a small color fleck come off a few years ago and not knowing any better, I attached it back on in the same spot where it flecked. Because this made it "altered," in order to restore it to the exact same condition it was in before the fleck was reattached, I simply pulled the fleck back off. Because of this, any grading company would gave graded it. GAI encapsulated it and gave it a 1 which it should have received. Satisfied?
As far as the personal attack on me, you are entitled to your opinion. I think you equate the fact that I don't like the fact that some people who are "in the hobby know" seem to get better grades when cards are submitted than Joe Collector. I guess you either disagree with that or you somehow think I am referring to you as one of those people. I have told you before how when consigning card sets to two major auction houses I was told to let them submit the cards for grading because they could get better grades on them than I could. (By the way I currently have a set consigned to Mastro and Mastro is NOT who I am referring to in case you wondered).
We have been acquaintances for a long time and I have never used this Board or any other to publically castigate or disparage you the way you did me. Frankly I expected a little more out of you, Leon. Maybe you are having a bad day but I thought your post was pretty petty and I expected more from you. If you don't want to hear my "whining," hey just let me know, I'll be happy to move on because it is after all your Board.