View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskim View Post
My guess is Hall didn't own 5k diff t206s, he claims he has or possibly know where/who he can obtain those ones that he was missing. That's why no one has ever since his "completed" t206 collection nor the complete checklist. I just don't think any serious collectors who were so aggressively paying got-to-have-it prices obtaining cards to complete their sets for yrs then just turned around and started selling them after a few weeks since he has already "achieved his goal". Hall probably frustrated for quite some times not be able to obtain cards that he needed from other collectors who are holding those one-of-one cards and decided to dump the whole collections to AH and flood the market.

Well, your "guess" is meaning-less.

David Hall would regularly email his updated wantlist to those of us who provided him with many of the tougher T206 cards. There is absolutely no doubt that he has approx. 5400
different T206 cards. Furthermore, when David would come to my booth at every National these past 10+ years, I got to see his Master set list. And, I am sure the same was true
for other dealers he trusted in.

This thread started, more or less, on a positive note. However, it has now (like many other recent threads on this forum) de-generated into a typical "social media" verbal slugfest.

So tell us.....do you personally know David Hall ?

And, how do you know how he thinks ? ?

Look guy, since 2001, this forum has been a meeting-place for some really meaningful dialogue and great sharing of information regarding many aspects of Sportscard collecting.
Consequently, some really great friendships have developed here on Net54....and the majority of us would like the congeniality we enjoy on this forum to continue.

TED Z

T206 Reference