View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Jeff P0tter

That's a lot of questions
My heart is pretty sad tonight as I read about more and more of these popping up. I'll just stick to one question for the time being, and that is if this will have an impact on signed T206 card prices? I think the answer to that is definitely yes at least for the time being. It really only takes removing a few of the larger interested parties in these to impact the price, even taking out two or three potential bidders can result in a much lower hammer price. I haven't bought one in about four years and probably wasn't planning to...but now, even if I saw one I really wanted I probably wouldn't bid on it if it was in an auction and I had no access to it's history, where it came from, who I was buying it from, how long they had it, can I inspect it in person, etc. It's really sad and I feel bad for everyone who is holding on to one of these cards and watching the stone cold evidence be revealed that what might be one of their favorite pieces was a sham. I haven't followed signed cards from other issues all that closely, but if I were someone who recently purchased some tough signed Goudeys or Playballs or other pre war era cards, I would be really concerned.
ebay: AuthenticTradingPost

http://www.ebay.com/str/jeffpotterautographs

Last edited by ATP; 11-28-2018 at 07:28 PM.