View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 09:27 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
+1,000! Is the D.C. convention center not big enough, is that the problem? And what about Philly or Baltimore for East Coast venues, why don't they get consideration? What's the big deal about Cleveland, anyway? It's not really central for West Coast or Southern folks, and if that's the main criterion, why not just have it in Chicago or some other midwest location every year and leave it at that? As for A.C., I'm waiting for the crime reports: all the muggings, street robberies, carjackings, etc. Apparently, the National was very well attended, so the accompanying crime and carnage as predicted must have been horrendous, right?
For reference AC as I mentioned above is 490k sqft.

DC (Walter Washington Convention center) - Hall ABC looks to be 473k sqft - so a little small but maybe possible especially if you would be willing to separate into the 2nd floor hall as well. But I'm not sure breaking the show into multiple areas would be a good thing.

Philly would work based on size (main hall is 528k sqft + the ballroom if you wanted to separate for more space).

Baltimore - IMO the show has now unfortunately outgrown the convention center. The main hall is only 300k sqft.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers