View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Hey guys. As many of you know, I have been sticking to Ruth purchases for my collection. Although it May appear there are a ton of high end blue chip pieces with various archives being sold.. It can not be further from the truth. The highest end Ruth, gehrig, joe Jackson's ect are so so rare. In many cases, the greatest images have already made their way into private hands from seemingly sealed existing archives. I cannot stress enough how rare the highest end images are. The key is desiphering between a good image and great image. Yes... Everyone have different tastes but the best will alwYs be the best. That being said, there are some kick ass pieces in legendary right now. And no... None of them are mine so I am not doing this to get bids if I was still actively buying outside of Ruth, I would keep my mouth shut and bid on about 10 of the very aggressively. But I am not going aggressive on anything..if I win at initial bids I will be happy For those of you who really want to build a world class photo collection, this is chance to start or add. I know it seams like there are a lot of photos with all these archives. There are, but not of the best of the best. There are certainly some in legendary that qualify. I just read a comment about the photos in hyee auctions and how many truly iconic images there were in that last auction. That was another opportunity to add as there was. However, Many of Those, like most of the ones in legendary were from advanced collectors collections; not a product of newly opened archives. In fact, I have not added one Ruth photo to my collection from any newly opened archive that would even crack my top 20 list of Ruth photos. My point? Idk really... Other than trying to help some of you up in coming photo guys. If you buy photos.. But the very best(that is if you are looking for investment on top of enjoyment as you will never go wrong). For those of you that made it through this run-on sentence...Thanks for listening to my iPhone ramblings.. I am bored at church. Happy photo collecting. Ben
Almost forgot... Mark my words...QUALITY trumps quantity every day of the week. ESPECIALLY in photos.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection