View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Default 1954 Red Heart questions.

A fellow member and friend of mine, Campyfan39 or Chris, and I have been doing a lot of talking about this set. I have told him for a few years about it and thought it was perfect for his style of collecting. At the time he was just focusing on Topps cards so there wasn't much interest. Lately he has had a growing interest and decided to pick up a few. Through our discussions my interest has grown as well.

We have a few questions though about the set and thought who better to ask than other members.

Does anyone know how player selection was done? There are 33 cards in the set and 11 turned out to be HOFers. One out of three is amazing.

All 16 of the teams in existence at the time are represented except the St. Louis Browns but the player distribution isn't close to even. A lot of Dodgers but only one Giant.

Any information about distribution, player and team selection, history, or really anything would be much appreciated.

I love this set because it has the lone mid 50s card of my period favorite, Stan Musial so the set overall fascinates me.

Thanks in advance to any and all input.

Drew