View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
PSA does not require a card to be in their possession before removing it from the pop report. I remember several years ago, there was a thread on the CU message boards about a '66 Killebrew that was graded a 10, but looked like a 5. Most agreed it was a mechanical error. PSA contacted the eBay seller to try and get the card back, the seller refused to cooperate. PSA removed the card from the registry. It does happen.
Several years ago, may not be how it works today. This comes from a lawyer representing the guy with the PSA 6 Green Cobb. There is an outside chance it is a complete fabricated lie, but there was enough contact I do believe some of it. Leaning towards it being truthful.

He said he has a lawyer, the lawyer was handling communication, and went into extreme detail about how they handle it, what they do legally, why and what your options are based on a huge variety of factors based on the review they do having the card in slab, in hand.

Most of it makes/made sense, and it was hard to deny he sounded like he knew what he was talking about, without actually going threw it myself.

I will say, correct though, it is their database, and they can do what they want with it, but at the same time by doing so they open themselves up to new risks that may not be covered by their standard insurance, etc.