Thread: Spring Training
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
My son and I have done an AZ swing the last two years. I have a close friend who runs spring training for the Padres and helps us out a lot. It's all man, all go, all the time. 5 games in four games PLUS an NBA game PLUS a tour of the Phoenix football stadium (worth it) PLUS a trip with some hiking to the Superstition Mountains. I'm back home now and a little tired, but it was worth it. I suggest you stop by Alice Cooperstown (co-owned by Randy Johnson and Alice Cooper) and see if you can tackle a Big Unit. My son and I split one and truth be told we didn't finish it.
All man, all run, all the time. I like that definition!
The wives are at home , and the length of the leash has been increased
The dudes are heading to the art museum in a couple hours to check out the Kendrick Collection.
We got in town too late for games today.

Then dinner and drinking (no booze for me, this toad has retired from that scene) until the wee hours. 3 games in a row, and maybe a hike in the desert (I predict a short one).

I have been here 4 of the past 5 springs (usually Scottsdale , but not this year, Ryan, as we are checking out some different parks this time)

Alice Cooper's place sounds fun! Thanks for the tip...it's only 5 miles from here and close to the museum too.

Loving the sun! ( I predict a sunburn )

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.