View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 07:14 PM

Default 1953 - 1980 Topps run put to bed

Thanks to a fellow board member, I finally pulled the trigger and got the last card that I needed for my Topps run - 1963 Topps Pete Rose RC. I have never been crazy about the card, but it only seems to be getting hotter, so I took the plunge.

Now I suppose it's time to focus on 1952. I love the set, but have been a little afraid of starting it. I'll probably try a low number set first and then if any high number opportunities fall into my lap, I'll take a shot at them. Don't really expect to get there, but ya never know.

It's been a really fun ride working on these sets, I used to think that 56 was always my favorite, but after working on all the sets I think I have settled on 57 as my favorite. Least favorite is probably 58. It's pretty bland.

To keep cranking away I plan on working on upgrades while expanding to other post war sets. Bowman and Fleer will definitely be in the mix. I'd like to hit other sets like DanDee, Red Heart, and Hires as well. Maybe Exhibits or Redmans. Who knows.

I have learned a lot about Topps during this run, but don't have a lot of experience with the others. Looking forward to learning more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6719.jpg (75.0 KB, 450 views)