View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 06:52 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I started getting into cards right around the same age as you (I'm 32 now). My advice is so your research--both on the engagement ring and the baseball cards. For rings, I went with a diamond broker and saved many, many thousand as a result, leading to a nicer ring and some more baseball cards.

For cards, I set a monthly budget and have that money forwarded to a separate bank account, meaning I don't have to touch my regular account to buy cards and I somewhat stay fiscally responsible. I rarely flip cards as I've been stuck holding duplicates on too many occasions as a result. I do buy lots and sell the cards I don't need sometimes--I just make sure that the math really does work before making the deal.

Enjoy the hobby but keep in mind that there are so many things that are more important than baseball cards...
I like the separate bank account idea. I have 2 bank accounts already, and have been looking for a 3rd and final one offering a Cash incentive for opening an account, just for the purpose of another checking account for cards and a savings account for other stuff (ex. my Huntington savings account is strictly for the Ring).

I'm going to PM you about the ring/diamond. I have some questions about that... Haha. Nice Mantle collection by the way!

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-30-2016 at 06:53 AM.