View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Price fluxuations happening with that card. Goodwin sold one under 20k a couple of months this ago. LOTG sold one for 30k which didn't seem any better than the Goodwin one. I wouldn't pay more than 20k for it. Yes, I saw the HA ones that fetched a lot more a year ago, but since then the prices have come down. Be patient as more will turn up soon including the next LOTG auction which is much nicer than the eBay one
The SGC 60 in LOTG is beautiful, but to my eye it looks quite light/white compared to Scott's posted above and reproduced here for comparison, as well as others I have seen. I suppose it could just be the scan, which is as is from the website, but the contrast is rather striking to me. Are there variations in the tints perhaps?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13300a_lg.jpg (78.0 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg 1925Exhibit-Gehrig-4.jpg (56.4 KB, 363 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-24-2017 at 07:54 PM.