View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Jeff Lar.son

I've got quite a few boxes of unopened stuff from the early 2000's, some of which I've been putting on eBay. A few weeks ago, a lady sent me an email saying one of the boxes in particular brought back memories for her. She claimed to have been someone that Playoff hired during that era to find out if any fraudulent activity was going on. According to her, it was rampant. The companies, and not just Playoff, were buying these things from a couple sources who were simply buying jerseys and such off the rack and issuing a blanket coa essentially just saying they were all authentic. The companies weren't really questioning how a single person could get so many game used items, and on short notice in many cases. She directed me to look up Bradley Wells and the FBI case against him. She also mentioned that in my product specifically, she could tell me the Joe Montana jersey cards were 100% from fake jerseys, as the cost from a reputable source was more than Playoff wanted to pay.

Basically like a previous poster said, I look at them as inserts and nothing more.