View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
As a booth holder, I used to say that Saturday and Sunday were historically my worst days at the National as those were the days that the true bargain holders showed up to make their best deals. The real heavy duty collectors show up on Weds. night and Thursday and Friday, and are often gone by the weekend.

But this has changed in recent years as my approach is to always give the best deal I can upfront and NOT wait for the weekend. Still, I do see some people coming back on Saturday and Sunday to renegotiate or buy something at the last minute, or on their way out the door.

I am still one of the old time dealers who accepts checks as a form of payment, for sometimes large amounts that other dealers would not take a chance on. If we have done business before, your check is golden and in most cases if we have not done business before, I still accept checks when my antennas do not go off. If I refuse a check, then that means I have some immediate concerns about the purchaser.

Regards,

Steve Sabow, Booth 1114, DynamicTwo@aol.com
Glad to hear someone still takes checks, I still pay with them sometimes. On here if it is someone I have dealt with before they usually send out the cards when I send out the check. Some wait till they receive the check and a few wait till it clears the bank. I figure as long as I don't have to use PayPal I am happy.