View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Jay Cee

Jim, thats good to hear and agreed the later types can be very cool, like the examples you showed. I take it you will be be reserching many photos now and the what issues they were used in.

Jeff, I think the consignor must have had a relationship with Christies which would explain why they chose to go with an AH that did not do him any favors, on the way they sold off his consignments. Not too mention, the absorbiant fees they charge buyers. This could pave the way for future gazillionares, trust funds, buying groups, and Museums to consign a large 8 figure consignment to them.

Im curious what percentage of the consignors portfolio was made up of the 3 Christies Sport auctions? I bet they also have some serious art, houses in every Continent, many high profile cars, vases from the Ming Dynasty, their own Island and possibly a ticket to go out in space! Im just glad they allowed the public to buy and enjoy their collection which they have amassed. Some big collections will never come to market.