View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

First of all as you know it's caveat emptor on this forum. Anyone can always pm me and I can help verify a member. I have phone numbers so can pick up the phone and call. That has always been a good way to verify someone, as a last resort.
Many people on this site know each other or can see the posts made by the user and get an idea if they ok to deal with. As for Paypal if you use regular paypal you have their guarantee. I would be a bit surprised to see a 2 yrs window on a cc for a chargeback, I would probably verify that if I were you. Normally they are 6-12 mos from what I have seen. I use Paypal almost all of the time. If it is a very large purchase I am not against writing a check and letting the other person hold till clear, but it's been many years since I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
I have made a few small buys on this site paying through Paypal.

I have not made a substantial purchase or sale through the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
_______

Question: If Buying or selling a item in the thousands, what is the preferred safe method of payment --if using either Paypal options, and a unexpected issue pops up, I believe my credit card provider will get involved for up to two years after the transaction regardless of the Paypal option used.

Any input from other collectors doing business on this or other sites the safest/best hassle free preferred payment methods?