View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northviewcats View Post
Thanks Ben. Your explanation does makes sense and would answer the question of why only the banner at the bottom of the card seems to be missing yellow ink.

I did examine the card with a loupe, and I don't see any evidence of tampering. Under magnification I can see no trace of yellow color in the bottom banner at all. The white in the Orioles name is identical with the white in the border of the card. The gloss of the card is also consistent top to bottom. I don't see any evidence of a chemical alteration.

Is there any way that I can test to see if the card has been altered?

Best regards,

Joe
With your card use the best loupe you have and make sure the blue in the banner is consistant with the blue on the upper part of the card. I use a 60-100X top lighted microscope.

At high magnification the card will just be made up of blue, red, yellow, and black dots. Make sure the blue dots look exactly the same color/tint on bottom and top of card. Without any magnification you could compare the blue banner on your card to another card from the 76 set that has the blue border normally.

This 76 Topps card has had the yellow removed. 2nd card is what it should look like. They are not the same card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (76.9 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg yellowwilliams.jpg (77.9 KB, 394 views)