View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Peter Wilk

Default Crossing SGC to PSA

I do not agree with Andrew regarding crossing cards SGC cards to PSA. I have submitted many cards for crossover from SGC and a quite a few from BVG. I wrote a post about this once before. Less than half of these cards have crossed over at an equal grade. The majority will not cross over without being bumped DOWN 1/2 to 1 full grade. I will not buy SGC cards for crossover any more at all to expect an equal grade because I know it isn't going to happen (not on higher grade 7-8's anyway). I do buy SGC cards and expect that I can cross them over if I write on the submission form that I am willing to take a 1/2 point drop. I do not wish to discourage the original poster who would like to cross over his Cobb. Go for it - If you are worried, definitely put 3 down as the minimum grade you will accept. If it does not cross, at least you will get it returned in the SGC 30 holder and there are many on this board that will bid and buy SGC cards and you should get close to your original investment back.