Thread: Top 5 pieces
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 03:38 PM

Default Seattle-centric

Unbelievably great items, everyone. Sensory overload.

Being a lifelong Seattle resident, and avid Seattle collector, I thought I'd show five....okay seven.... of my favorite Seattle baseball items.

1. 1890 leather encased season pass. This was the first professional team in Seattle, the "Seattles" of the Pacific Northwest League. The pass was issued to Samuel Crawford, who was a founder of the first real organized baseball team in Seattle, the 1870s Seattle Alkis.

2. 1903 Seattle Siwashes, cabinet photo, Pacific Coast League. First year of the PCL.

3. 1907 Seattle Siwashes Northwestern League program cover. Love the graphics on this one.

4. 1909 Seattle Turks, Northwestern League championship watch fob. First professional baseball championship team in Seattle.

5. 1939 Seattle Rainiers championship ring. First pennant for the Rainiers, and first of three consecutive.

6. Sculpted plaque of legendary Seattle Rainiers and PCL manager Jack Lelivelt by famed local sculptor Alonzo Victor Lewis. Was displayed at Sicks Stadium, along with plaques of Emil Sick and DE Dugdale.

7. Actual second base from Sicks Stadium, painted by Seattle PI Artist Stu Moldrem, and presented to Tommy Harper on Tommy Harper night in August, 1969.