View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 12:35 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
That is convenient, self-serving and the mere fact he avoids disclosing is the reason he should. If you have nothing to hide then don't hide.

Reminds me of when he had his 52 Topps Mantle SGC Auth Altered listed that he won from PWCC. PWCC disclosed that the alteration was a trim job on the bottom edge--a trim job that was pretty evident even with the card int he holder. When Travis listed it on eBay he went out of his way in his description to describe how much time and effort an examination he did of the card and concluded SGC was wrong and the card was not altered.

When Brent is more forthcoming than Travis that should tell ya something. And if Travis was so sure his assessment was more accurate than SGC why not break out the card and submit it? The upside on a mistakenly assessed 52 Topps #311 that would be a 7 or higher being wrongfully trapped in an AA holder is worth a few submission attempts. I will tell you why he did not break it out and resubmit it. Once he were to do that it would be harder or impossible to post his misrepresentation that the card is not altered.
You are so full of shit. I said I was done responding to you, but I have to respond to your bullshit accusation. This is just a flat-out lie. At no point did PWCC ever inform me that it was trimmed, let alone that it was trimmed on any specific edge. They never said anything at all about the card. The card is in an "Authentic" holder, not an "Authentic Altered" holder, as you claim above. I bought it as a fixed-price listing on eBay. It had no details whatsoever written about the card in the description. All it said was "SGC Authentic" in the title. Seller was asking $X, I offered $Y, seller accepted. After it arrived, I thoroughly examined the card myself and provided an honest assessment of its condition. The edges show no evidence of trimming whatsoever. They are perfectly consistent with what you'd expect to see from a 52 Topps card (a set I know very well). The toning and chipping are perfectly consistent with a factory cut. The reason the card was not given a numeric grade is because the top edge slopes from left to right. It is just barely out of square (a very common factory miscut for 52 Topps). If this were any other card from that set besides the Mantle, it probably would have received a numeric grade. And I think there is a decent chance that it shows up again some day in a numeric holder.