View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Ben, I personally don't have any concerns at all about it. I was just clarifying Mark's comment and the assumptions that were made by my customer as a result of your comment. I have to disagree about the stamp being "most likely applied to NON TYPE I" photos, as I've never seen an example like that. It makes no sense to me that the 'applier' would put the stamp on Type I's with the bogus prints floating around in larger numbers - it would kill the value of his real Conlon Type I prints, which he was also stamping. No brain-surgeon, this guy.

As an aside, I received my mounted Conlon from my customer today, and peeling back the print just a little, I can see pencilled writing on the back (can't read it). Not sure if I'll attempt to remove it completely, but I'm tempted. Probably will see a PSA reject stamp on the back.

I've said this at least two times here, but I'm totally understanding that you didn't say my print was not a type I. Perception is important, and my customer had a perception that was incorrect - that's all.
Ok Scott. Everything g I have said is factual and true. You didn't know it was a fake stamp and now you do. Therefore, I will assume that is more valuable to you than getting a photo returned that you are happy to receive back.
As far as fake stamps being applied to non type 1s and not understanding that: I am not sure what else to tell you other than it makes the most sense. A stamp is applied to something worth next to nothing in order to make it worth substantially more/something. There have been many more of these than the two examples shown in these threads. They are the majority.
Again... If you are still unclear, give me a call.
Ps: remove the photo!! I wanna see

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 09-19-2014 at 12:15 PM.