View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default 1930 World Cup Cards

There is a set of 1930 World Cup Strip cards. My understanding is this set was released in Uruguay for the 1930 World cup. I'm pretty sure they were strip cards released in one long vertical strip. I've always thought they were awesome because there aren't many cards released in Uruguay for the 1930 WC.

I just noticed that I have two variations of these 1930 World Cup Strip Cards. My Nasazzi and Andrade both have fonts with caps and lower case, while the Tejera is all caps. Also, the Tejera has a slight thinner card stock.

I am wondering which variation others have of cards from this set? If you have any are they all upper or upper and lower case? Please show pictures of what you have so we can compare.

Also, I remember seeing an uncut panel on eBay ~5 years ago and I think it had text or writing on back. Can anyone confirm that these cards exist with either an ad or info about the 1930 WC on back, or am I just mis-remembering?

Lastly, if anyone has other 1930 WC cards, I'd love to see them as well, just to keep the thread alive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1930 World Cup Strip Cards Front.jpg (77.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 1930 World Cup Strip Cards Back.jpg (77.5 KB, 88 views)