Thread: E-Bay purchase?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 09:38 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
It's likely every member on this forum has experienced something like this at one time or another, myself included. Just remember that your reputation is the most important thing you have in this community. I know there can be a lot to absorb, and the excitement of the find can be very tempting. Just remember that once you've submitted a bid, or have selected to buy it now, read that next page that comes up. If you proceed from that page, you have obligated yourself. You've given your word.

If, when you receive the card, it's not what you expected, then you might take action. Contact the seller, and if you are not satisfied with the response you get, you have the option to open a case.

Chalk this up to a learning experience, and next time, make sure you've read everything before committing.

Good luck!
Thanks, Stache, great info. I am learning as I go, that is for sure!

My 2 biggest mistakes with this purchase are not taking my time and reviewing the whole ad thoroughly, especially their feedback, and being caught up in the excitement of bidding on a card in hopes of winning it.
There were 14 or more bids on it and because I am sticking with 52 Topps to add to my collection, it's a card I wanted, not just an everyday card I hoped to win for fun.