Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 AM

Default My Three Sons

Photobucket
Fred MacMurray

Photobucket
William Frawley

Photobucket

Photobucket

While watching the 1960's T.V. series My Three Sons starring Fred MacMurray I noticed three pieces of sports memorabilia decor in the house. Moreover, all the rest of the wall pictures I saw were English sporting prints...and a large dog painting or print....not a stitch of flowers or chick art in the place!

For those of you who weren't around in the early to mid 1960's My Three Sons was one of the most popular shows then. The premise of the show was Fred MacMurray played a widower raising three boys. William Frawley who previously played Fred Mertz on I Love Lucy played the gruff outspoken salt of the earth grandfather who did the cooking and housekeeping in the early seasons.

An avid New York Yankees baseball fan, Frawley had it written into his I Love Lucy contract that he did not have to work during the World Series if the Yankees were playing. The Yankees were in every World Series during that time except for 1954 and 1959. He missed two episodes of the show as a result. Source Wikipedia

http://www.examiner.com/article/clas...-my-three-sons
Stanley Livingston who played youngest son Chip gave an interesting newspaper interview September 18, 2011, link above, in which he talked about his close relationship with William Frawley even though Frawley didn't like kids per se.

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 09-01-2012 at 02:21 AM.