View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Default Autograph Authentication issues...happy to be back posting :-)

Posted By: Bob S

Hi all. It's nice to feel well enough to post again after a difficult summer healthwise.

I need to create some income, and I wanted to get some opinions from our many expert board members.

I have a substantial # of autographed items (baseballs, 8x10's, etc, of players like Ted, Joe, Mick, and combinations of those 3, as well as an 8x10 dual Mick/Maris, a Dimaggio family 8x10 with Joe, Dom and Vince, (either vince or Dom is a cut...I can't remember which), a dual Mick/Mays ball and a baseball with Pie Traynor, and Art Rooney, as well as some other Pittsburgh related folks, most of whom I can't recognize.

My main question is is it absolutely necessary getting these authenticated by Jim, Richard, PSA/DNA etc, and if it is who would you use (I realize that this is very subjective) to get the best final net price including authentication fees (assuming sale through eBay) (ugh). My feedback is 100% for around 500 total transactions since I joined in July '97).

Also are the any members who feel comfortable in their own authentication ability, who would buy any through B/S/T unauthenticated?

I also forgot I've got several 500 HR club balls most with the "original 11" and 1 missing Mick, and a couple mini bats with the same type of players.

Thanks to anyone who has an opinion on this "difficult" issue.

Again, it's great to be back, and cmoking, I hope you got my recent email.

Bob