View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Default Autograph Authentication issues...happy to be back posting :-)

Posted By: DJ

I think it's a bad thing what Jimmy did to you.

Unfortunatly, everything nowadays must have the stamp of approval of one pretty much one of the major three forces in the authenticating game. Psa/Dna, JSA and GAI, as well as Richard Simon.

If you have ever seen how the authenticating process is done, you'd actually shake your head. In most cases, it's someone in the business that isn't well known matching the signature you have to a signature on a screen. The more we utilize the services of these "experts", the more their error rate will increase and the more their error rate will increase, the more we recognize their errors and making them public. Simon's fine site does that.

I was at a show several years ago when a man who had just gotten Ernie Banks to sign an item was asked by a member of a top notch authenticating team if he wanted to have it authenticated. The man, in a wheel chair and rather elderly went off: "Why the f--k should I get you to tell me this is good for $20 when I saw him sign it just a few minutes ago????"

If I were you, I would send the whole lot to Mastro or Lelands and have them deal with it in a lot. Authentication fees can really bite you in the ass and Mastro does phenomenal with lots like all the items you are talking about.

My two cents...

DJ