View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 04:43 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

A bit of a cool revelation here…

I borrowed a page from the pre-war side and started trying to find as many miscut or way off center GT's that I could get my hands on to see if I could see where some of the cards were situated on the phantom printing sheets (so far I've matched about ten pairs of cards). So I put this Kasko here against every single green tint card there is and I couldn't find a match. And it took for-frickin'-ever!! Then I had an idea. Most every person I've talked to about these cards has always been under the impression that checklist #192 with the words “Check List, 3” (with a comma) was the green tint version. That's probably because, as an error card, there are fewer of them around? Not really sure. I assumed the same thing, but it's never been based on anything but accepting the status quo. I decided to grab the scan of what I considered my 'non-GT' version of the checklist and holy heck!!! It matched perfectly (For clarity's sake, I'll point out that the two cards here weren't both scanned at 100% and at the same time on a level plane. They were from different sources and had to be carefully resized. This is why they aren't a perfect fit, just very nearly perfect.)

I believe this to be the first time ever that absolute, verifiable proof has been provided to show the true GT checklist is the version without the comma. Well, to put it more precisely, this proves that at least some of the non-comma checklists are GT's. To play devil's advocate, it is possible that the checklist with the comma was also printed somewhere else on the GT sheets…but I believe that to be unlikely.

It's also important to note that many other non-comma checklists don't share the same precise woodgrain border as the card pictured here, so if you want to make absolutely sure that you have a GT checklist, look to the upper left white corner. The telltale sign is the appearance of those three or four thick, dark, vertical lines.

kaskochecklistGT.jpg

If anyone else has scans of miscut green tints, please give me a shout. They might help in this thankless task!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 02-03-2015 at 05:03 AM.