View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Hey Fred, I well understand your trade / no trade scenarios. Some folks here get that, maybe a few don't. I know I once was given a card, unsolicited, through the mail, by a board member who just knew I was after such a card. Once I was given a card that I had offered to buy. And I've given a few cards to folks here when they seemed to have a serious burning desire to collect the card for the card's sake, and not because of value or because they were doing that set registry stuff... I hope a Sauer finds its way to you.
Frank:

I too have both been helped and helped others with their collections in much the same way as you describe. That's part of the fun in the hobby. Making new friends, trading, comparing notes, learning about the things I collect, talking collecting etc. In fact the sad part of this is both I and my hoped for trading partner should be good friends as we both collect at least one thing in common and I am sure we could both learn things about Exhibits from each other. But sadly, I doubt now that that will happen.

FYI, I am not doing a set registry. In fact I am one of those old timers who do not go for graded cards. And to further clear up what may be an assumption on some peoples part, the Sauer card is NOT any more a priority for me than any other card in the set that I need. My focus in all of this was not on the card, rather on the trade "etiquette" or rather lack of it in my eyes.

Which is why I posed the question in the first place. To see if I was out of touch with current thoughts or expectations as far as trades go. Happily it seems, from the majority of the posts, I am not.

Fred