View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Mi.ke Que.vill.on

Default 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 Offered by PWCC Auctions #9 / Change in auction biz ?

I am curious to see what collectors think of a card of this magnitude being offered on eBay as opposed to a traditional auction house.

I am wondering if this marks a change in the auctioning of high end cards going forward?

The consignor could easily have consigned to any number of traditional HA's and had his card sold for 0% consignor fee and even 5% back to him from some houses.

In this scenario with PWCC, he will have 10% deducted from his final sale price but is probably banking on the fact that bidders will not have the traditional 20% buyer premium to factor in to the final sale price so the seller will actually net 10% extra selling his card this way.

Also, the consignor does not have to wait very long to get paid. It seems to me like auction houses will always have their place for memorabilia etc. but if it just a matter of nice front and back scans and presenting to a large audience, it looks like PWCC has this covered.