View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I'd be a little cautious, BUT I wouldn't automatically write him off as a scammer. This may be real. Some of his older auctions show a decent track record of vintage stuff. You might land this at a steal, and hell, with the buyer protection, why not take a chance?
You wouldn't write him off as a scammer? He stole the image from PWCC. What more proof do you need?

Ok, how about this. I emailed the douche bag and and told him his scam was busted and I was going to report him to eBay. He replied back and admitted he stole the scan, but said that he had another one just like it for sale and couldn't take pictures since his camera was broken. I emailed him back and told him that he could use a scanner, borrow another camera or even use a camera phone if he really had one for sale. I also insinuated to him that the '48 Leaf DiMaggio that he is also selling was probably a stolen scan as well. He replied back that indeed was, and mocked to by telling me "good luck trying to find the link." Well, I did find it. He stole the DiMaggio scan from a 2007 Robert Edward Auction:

http://robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2007/462.html