View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Alabama's SoS is open for debate, however the SEC East is down this year ( as is the conference ) and each team does not play each other in the division each year. That's just scheduling and how the conference breaks it down.

I'm not going to penalize a team for playing a cupcake at the end of the season or reward them playing the same team at the beginning of the season. Nor will I penalize them for not " looking as good " as they have in previous years. They are still an 11-1 team, not 10-2 or 9-3, records of teams everyone seems to love.

Not a Bama homer here, MIZZOU thru and thru.
I also think with all things being equal. If i a team was ranked top 3 or whatever for a longer period of time versus another team with the exactly the same everything else, that the team ranked in top 3 or so gets the edge over the other team.

The reason being they were facing the best effort for a longer period of time from their opponents then the other team. This year Alabama every game was facing the best efforts of the season from many or all of their opponents.

The same cant be said for u. of miami/ UCF etc. Again, i just using this as a tiebreaker in the event everything else is even. I think Miami faced that with Pitt last week. If Miami plays Pitt 5 weeks ago, i dont think the pitt effort is the same. Bama deals with super effort against them every week.