View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
I'm surprised these aren't catalogued as a set. I don't see them in either the Standard Catalog or the Beckett Almanac. Since the Tribune still has it's archive availabe for free, I'll put together a checklist for these.
---------
I've posted about the set on my blog. The checklist can be found here: 1963 Chicago Tribune Autograph Album

I also went ahead and compiled the checklist for the 1980 Sox & Cubs Scrapbook. That will be posted in a couple of days.
I know these are technically post 1980, but these are from the 1984 Chicago Tribune Cubs Scrapbook set. For years I thought I had a complete set of 32, four sheets of 8 cards issued over 4 different days, which was 31 players and a header card. I was always puzzled why they didn't include Steve Trout, who was their second best starting pitcher that year. When I noticed that DaClyde mentioned that the Chicago Tribune Archives were now online, I figured I would try to find out exactly which days these were printed. I found the four sheets that I have which were printed on September 5, September 7, September 13, and September 19, but lo and behold, there was also a four card half sheet printed on October 2, which included Trout and three other Cubs. So now I have to search for those four along with the July 4, 1980 Chicago Tribune page with the Rick Reuschel/Britt Burns Scrapbook photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984 Scrapbook 1.jpg (77.9 KB, 548 views)
File Type: jpg 1984 Scrapbook 2.jpg (78.2 KB, 545 views)