Thread: Photobucket
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Did anyone get an email from Photobucket the other day, offering an annual rate of $99.99 for a plan that will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on forums, blogs, and personal websites? The deal expires in a few days (of course it does), but I was wondering if anyone was going to jump on it.

I'm tempted, mainly because I have so much stuff on Photobucket, and it's rendered my 'On the Easel' thread pretty useless since they changed their policies. This would save me the time of putting everything back up there on imgur or whatever site I decide to use. Of course the downside is now I have to pay $100 a month.

I guess $99.99 is better than $399.99...but still...
Graig, I guess it comes down to a shi$ to equity ratio. You might consider a one time change to your own site. One can be had for, at most, about $13 a month. Then you never have to worry about any picture hosting companies crap again. Yes, it would be some initial heavy lifting to port everything over, but you would only do it once and, very rarely or never, worry about it again. I use a Yahoo spinoff for my personal site hosting...they are great and I think I pay $13.xx a month. ...That said, if it is $99 per year and they never go up, great. But my guess is that might be a 1 time "hook" price. I have had my Yahoo website for around 13 yrs and it has been the same price for at least the last 10+ yrs.