View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
There are alot of cards that never make it to VCP. Pricing has to be half you and half them to stay on top of what it really is.
If that's the case, why in the hell would anyone pay for their services?!

If paying customers are expected to report all/any of their buys and sells, seems to me that there should only be a nominal fee, if any fee at all.

I don't buy into that argument at all. For example, let's say that there are three auctions a month from the top dozen auction houses with 60-70% of the lots being slabbed cards. I would think that there are plenty of students looking for a part time gig where they could do all of the work at home or in their dorm room. Not that big of deal for them to harvest all of the needed info pertaining to the card sales. Also, I would think that some young go-getter could write some software that could do the bulk of the work.

On the other hand, many auction houses are usually running on a skeleton crew as it is, and to expect them to dedicate X amount of man hours to provide VCP is certainly not reasonable in my opinion.

I want to be clear that I am not saying that this is what VCP is asking from the auction houses in any way, shape, or form, as I have no idea. I'm simply responding to the comments made in this thread.

Sincerely, Jimmy