View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 05:31 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I voted for 1961-75, but could include 1976-93.

1961-75 included Koufax's prime, the Miracle Mets, the start of Nolan Ryan's career and the ending of Mickey's.

1976-93 included the Braves finally starting to win and the retirement of Ryan, Brett & Yount whose HOF inductions I would travel a long way to witness six years later.

1994 started with the canceling of the World Series - the action that both the owners AND the players' union had a part in.

A hard lesson was hopefully learned that you do not EVER AGAIN lock out or strike DURING the season.

For this reason, I cringe every time the 14 straight division titles are mentioned.

The Braves won in a strike-effected year of 1995 and continued to pay well the rest of the decade.

While the modern era has been fun, I can do without walk-up music at live games and background music behind broadcasted highlights.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 08-27-2016 at 05:32 AM.