View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckettfan View Post
Brian,

Wow, thanks for the context on the Dormand. Excellent background information. I am very happy to have found this example for a good price. I, like you, really like the pose and format. That stance is missing from most of his standard issues.

Kris
Kris, you're more than welcome. I had fun writing it!

You might wish to have PSA grade your Dormand Mick. Regardless of what number winds up on the cert, they use a nice thick, heavy holder for these. I know because I took the plunge and bought a graded specimen of this card earlier this year. I love it. My point is that with your Dormand being in a PSA holder, it is well-protected. The only potential problem to avoid is the aforementioned display where sunlight strikes it.

My only regret was that 25 years ago I sold my near set. I know many of the postcards would have graded high. However, the bulk of my regret is that I simply miss them---they are flat out over the top beautiful cards. I did save a couple I could not bear to part with---Roy Campanella and Johnny Mize. I had wanted the Mize for years, before he was finally elected to the BBHOF. He seems to be among the major tough ones to find. As for Campy, IMHO the Dormand PC is Roy Campanella's finest card, along with his 1953 Stahl-Meyer Franks.

I'm gettin' verbose; have a great day friend. ---Brian Powell