View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Bill Gregory

One more in, this really nice Catfish Hunter.

Thank you, jb and Matt.

To answer your question, jb, the 5 other Brewers I have coming in will give me 25 thus far that will be part of the set. I have some Raymond (clydepepper) also sent me, a couple of which I will use as stand ins for the time being. Long way to go, but I'm going to do some more shopping tonight. I'll probably add another 20-25 or so by the month's end. I'm not in any hurry. It's about finding the right cards for me. I've looked at a lot of cards, and finding examples that meet all my requirements is time consuming. I have a few I've bought I know I'm already going to replace, the Winfield most likely. There's one corner that's touched.

I am allowing the very smallest of print imperfections, so long as they're really only obvious upon closer inspection. And some of these the left-right centering is slightly off, but nothing more than 60-40, and eventually, I'll work on getting it to 55-45. The ones i have thus far are all real beauties. Some, like the Gibson, will be sent in for grading.

Being picky is sometimes a little maddening when you're looking for a specific card. But I've just learned to just move on to the next card on my list, and come back to something I can't find now. Once I have a little more freedom in my spending money, I'll start putting some want lists up here on the BST.

I'm having a lot of fun, and that's the most important thing.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.