View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

Why did I come out and speak for the mistake now?
I come out to speak now just because I want to SAVE your t206 collections/investments and want to stop further damaging the hobby. After reading most of those posts on this forum regards to t206museum, I can feel the direction going to the wrong way. Some collectors starting to feel all of those player image overprints, ghost image, test strips that shown on t206museum were all bogus. I can swear to God I have only made four OM black overprint backs and that's it PERIOD. All those overprints with player's image or tobacco brand on the front or back are real and they were true printer's scrap from a hundred year ago. Collectors have reasons not to buy any printer's scrap from my collection but if this misconception keeps on spreading to the wrong directions then I believe the t206 oddities market would crashed. This is completely unfair to collectors who love and already own those t206 oddities in their collection (are you listening Dan?). Again, all those cards (except OM black overprint) that you read on t206museum are real, they can be traced down to eBay or Mastro auctions.

Why did I post in this forum as "bond73"?
Again, I don't want to use my real name to promote t206museum. That's why I used "Scott Bob" as an alias to post. I don't want u guys miss out any new info on t206museum. Regards to the last post by "Scott Bob" of "So there are no real t206 overprints, ghost images, miscuts exist? I guess that guy has a printing factory in his basement or something." I was just trying to use a sense of humor hoping someone would step up and say "No, there are real overprints out there but just not those OM black overprints" after I start seeing the whole overprint topic heading to the wrong direction. However, you guys saw my previous post as a remorseful post, anyways, you guys missed my intention and hope you understand now.

Will t206museum go online again?
For the time being, it will remain unavailable since I have to scrub out the 1% incorrect information about the OM black overprint and review the rest of the 99% information making sure they are current, accurate and reflect new information from new discovery etc. I hope the future t206museum can continue serving and educate collectors on t206s in the future. I have helped hundreds of people on t206 questions in the past and hoping to continuously serve collectors again in the future. (By the way, I really need someone to proofreading my crappy English, any volunteer?)

To start out from stop further hurting our beloved hobby and continue doing good thing for the community. I will donate $206 next month to any charity or foundation of board member's choice. It will be donated under the name of Net54baseball Forums.

Thank you for Robert Lifson encourages me to speak up. I am asking forgiveness from all of you. I am deeply sorry and regret of the stupid act that I have done in the past. I can't change the past but I hope I can use my extensive knowledge on t206s to educate more people in the future and make them love this hobby and make the collecting world a better place.

If anyone has further questions, let me know and I will try to answer it.

And now, you guys can continue criticize my stupid act and start making fun of my Inglsih.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Regards,
Patrick Chan, owner of t206museum.com

Last edited by bond73; 05-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.