View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
We will agree to disagree. In principal I agree with you. A seller can ask whatever they want. My complaint is not that I can't have the item for what I want to pay, my complaint is that a seller is sometimes just trying to rip me and anyone else off that they can. I also believe in such a thing as a fair price. There are frequent posts on the card side about sellers and their outrageous BIN pries on eBay and a new thread about the inflated prices in the Memory Lane catalog, as well as frequent posts about outrageous asking prices at card shows. I am not alone in my opinions. Sometimes people really are just trying to rip you off.

its an autograph, no one needs it to save their life, its not ripping anyone off to offer something for sale at a high price, it happens all the time. outrageous doesnt equal ripping someone off. people can clearly see the price and they can choose to buy it or not, ripping someone off is hiding or concealing something, tricking someone. if people can see what they are getting and the price is clearly marked, they can choose to pay or not, but its not ripping anyone off. ripping someone off implies illegal activity.