View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
That right there is a joke in-itself. They not only admitted to not correctly grading the card the first time, but double-dipped on him grading fee wise. Did the card magically get better during it's time away from PSA? C'mon.

The value of PSA cards are vastly over-inflated and are not even remotely superior in quality to anyone else's grading. The main reasons you have the demand you have is their set registry, they are a publicly traded company, and they do coins. Unfortunately none of those things actually has a direct correlation to my cards being graded in a more accurate manner or being of a better quality than another grade from another company. It's a case by case basis and if I am a true collector (I'm not) then I'd want to individually inspect any card I'm buying before I buy it no matter what holder or grade is on it. I wouldn't just blindly buy something in a PSA holder just because.
The worse one, that I have heard of, was a member on here who resubmitted a PSA 4 that came back a 7!

I could, maybe, understand a 1 grade bump, but a 3 grade bump is something that should never happen, imo.

As someone told me once on here, PSA really means, Please Submit Again.