View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 08:31 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Admittedly my '50 Bowman partial isn't in a binder, but I am enjoying this discussion nonetheless. I display many of my cards, so some of my '50 Bowmans (Jackie, Ted, Yogi, and Duke) are in Pro Mold one screw holders in my card room. The rest reside in Card Saver 2s or their Ultra Pro equivalent in a box. I like having them in these because I can take them out of the box and see them individually and rearrange them on a whim. For instance, I've had them in numerical order since I started buying them a while back, but last night I sorted them all out by team. It's hard to explain, but the process was a blast and it made me see the cards in a whole new light! It was neat seeing the 16 teams represented in the two 8 team leagues as they once were. It was interesting seeing how many Tigers I have for example and the construction of that team for that year. It was also very telling to see how Bowman opted to depict certain teams that year. I haven't gone back and counted, but it felt like some teams had more posed action shots than others, home vs road uniforms, etc. I know, I'm a nerd. After reading the comments in this thread, I may go back and organize each team further by position and later I might switch up by alphabetical order. I like this process so much that I think I'm going to rearrange my '52 Bowman and '53 Topps sets as well.

I know this may sound crazy, but it's so easy to get into a rut no matter how much you like the cards. I find myself on the hunt constantly for more instead of simply enjoying and treasuring what I already have. This thread has nudged me back in that direction. That's especially important right now considering that prices have risen for many cards. I had made up my mind I didn't want to set build anymore but as I said this thread is making me see the cards in a fresh way again. I think I may go on ahead in the future and try to finish '50 Bowman (including the copyright/no copyright variations). It makes more sense to my brain to add new cards to their team. I can still track my overall progress with my checklist just as I was. Thanks for this thread, guys.