View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Kev1n @1les

Dave,
I attended my first last year in Cleveland with my boys. It was great. I felt like a 7 year old at Disneyland - totally overstimulated for the fir few hours.

We spent two days. A near full first day until close and then open till near close the second. We saw every table, had plenty of time to visit, did all of the special attractions (held the Ruth bat, made a baseball card) and even doubled back the next day.

We stayed about 10 minutes from the show and that was more than fine.

A couple of things that I learned:

Wear comfortable shoes. Floors are hard and days are long.

Unless you have something that you are sure that you want to sell or trade, leave the majority of your stuff in the car. I leaned this the hard way. I had a heavy backpack the first day and it wore me out. I had intended to visit the PSA booth but it was always super busy. After about 6 hours I finally took it back to the car and felt like I waa 30 pounds lighter.

If you see something that you like and the price is right, get it then. I tried to take notes and go back to buy the second day and most of what I wanted was gone.

A lot of booths start looking alike after a while. Be sure to keep good notes of where you have been and what they have.

It was a greT trip for us. People were especially nice to my kids. I didn't get as much as I would have liked but I did grab a few deals.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set