View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
This is not correct from what I just read you are absolutely allowed to charge a handling fee making it more than actual shipping costs. They will step in if charges are way out of line but saying you can not charge more than exact shipping is wrong

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/s...policy?id=4346

The only way I would allow shipping costs to deter me from bidding is if it made the card more than I wanted to spend. I don’t find addition and subtraction that difficult so I just factor the shipping cost into my bids.
What are the guidelines?
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling, or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit special account status and any discounts. You may be subject to the application of fees and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.

Shipping and handling costs
Be sure to specify shipping costs and related service charges in your listings.

What to charge

Actual shipping cost: This is the amount for shipping the item. It should be what you paid the carrier.
Handling cost: This can include the cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any.

Well, I guess it's all in how you interpret what it says above?
That aside, even with insurance, tracking and packaging, unless your item is being shipped in a bomb and theft proof iron box, there is no way it is costing them remotely close to what they are charging.