View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 07:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
Guys............I used to own a couple signed Whitey Ford Bowman RC's that I sent to his company about 15 years ago, but for some stupid reason, I sold them several years ago.

So, a friend got me interested again in ttm autographs this past spring and I decided to send out some RC's to guys that still sign for a fee.......one of which I noticed was Whitey Ford. I bought a decent RC on ebay, sent it out in April, then waited..........

Now, the word on the street is that Whitey has really bad dementia in his old age and tends to mix up peoples' cards, but I was sure this wasn't going to happen to me ......until I received back this signed 1960 Topps card on July 10th. Frustrated with the results and having only 1 longshot option, I mailed him another letter with a SASE and big scan of my exact 51 Bowman card, asking only for it's return, signed or not.

I was shocked when this arrived today!! It's my exact card with most of Whitey's name spelled correctly, at least. Whether it was done on purpose or not, I'm thankful to get it back.
That is nice that you got your card back. Did you return the 1960 card so it could hopefully get back to its owner?