View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Default What are these items worth??

Posted By: Matt

Hi everyone, I used to collect cards when I was a kid a lot and I'm just wondering if I have anything of value. My cards from when I was a kid a I know aren't worth much. However I do have two items that I think may have some value.

1. 1985 Royals world series cards. My grandmother picked these up at the Royal's world series game. It has the entire Royals roster and they are unopened and still sealed in the plastic. They are in mint condition.

2. Don Drysdale autographed baseball. I also have an old card to go with the ball that is in very good shape, but not mint. The only bad part is this ball does not have a certificate of authenticity. Its actually pretty unusual how I came across the ball. When I was a kid my church had a free raffel give away for the kids. I won the ball, but it was just that - a ball. It had no explanation as to who had signed it or anything. Finally my dad took me and the ball to a card dealer and they looked at it and figured it out. Would not having a certificate of authenticity affect the price much? Is there a way to aquire one?

Basically I am debating on selling these items on ebay, but if they aren't worth that much I will probably just hold on to them. Plus, if they were worth somthing I wanted to get a fair price and not get ripped off. Thanks in advance for any replies!