View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I agree with you many of the white outs are fake. I also believe many of the canceled or cut outs were faked

Yes I do not know how I forgot about the saw cuts. I remember at first there was only a few different ones and they where all long cuts near the center of the card. Now you can find them in every version located all across the card at every length.

My favorite saw cut ebay listing is when they say it was cut multiple times in the same location at different depths. LOL Like the maintenance man adjusted the blade depth on the skill saw and then cut in the same place.

The hole punch cards are a real version but like the saw cuts so easy to fake that they have less value than the regular card.

I have also seen black blobs put over the bat knob to make fake versions, even seen one in a PSA holder.

This is my biggest Ripken find. It is an only known scribble version. It is now owned by the OP of this thread and in a SGC slab. It is listed(incorrectly because there is no way that is a scribble with F card) on his awesome www.billripken.com website.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]